Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Crafts...


This is a wreath I made out of (really cheap!) ornaments.  All the ornaments are from dollar tree and they are strung on a wire hanger.  Super easy!  



Sophia's tree...here are some close ups of some of the ornaments and garland...




 
 
I got the idea for this from my friend Hannah.  We started the garland before last Christmas, she finished hers last year.  Me, not so much.  But it's finally done and I'm so happy with the finished product.  I found the tree for super cheap after Christmas last year and have slowly been making the ornaments for it.  I have fabric ready to make a tree skirt, but haven't started that yet.


 
This guy has been taking up a ton of my time.  It's an advent calendar for Soph.  She gets to hang an ornament that corresponds to the days date, each day up to Christmas.  All of the buttons will be full on Christmas morning! Making 25 ornaments has been really time consuming, but I'm really happy with the end product.  This ideas was a mixture of Hannah and Pottery Barn Kids.


And lastly here is Sophia working on our Gingerbread house...


8 comments:

Nicole said...

You're so crafty! Love the ornament wreath, I might have to try that (next year most likely!).

Hannah said...

I love all of your crafts! I think your Advent Calendar turned out really cute. I found some buttons at JoAnn's that look like Christmas lights and I almost called you, but I figured you had already finished the tree part.

Kelly T said...

wow!! SO impressed. I wish I was crafty! It all is so cute. I LOVE the advent calendar. Plus it's great way to learn the calendar...Lacy is sort of grasping it:) We will definitely make the wreath, haha, as THAT we both can do together.

Well done momma! And thanks so much for sharing!

Amber said...

LOVE it! Good job getting it all done for this Christmas season :) Cute gingerbread house!

Amy said...

Wow! I love all of your Christmas crafts! You have inspired me for next Christmas

Isaac and Jenni Marshall said...

Super cute crafts!!!

Life Is Good said...

Thanks for inspiring!

Erin Scott said...

How about I just hire you to make that tree for me? So jealous of being a stay at home mom! That is way to cute!