Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Surprise Snow...

Today we were surprised with (a lot) of snow!  Earlier in the day I had heard there were snow flurries down in Salem, but didn't think anything of it.  It's not like I watch the news regularly, but usually you hear something about snow before it comes.  Around 2 I looked out the window and surprise, surprise it was snowing!  Sophia was so excited, we headed out right away (the whole time I'm thinking "nothing will stick, we better get some pictures of the light flurries before it goes away!)







Soph's fingers were getting cold, so we came in for a little bit to warm up and it continued to dump on us.  So we went out again (me still thinking nothing was going to come out of all this so I didn't have her put anything warm on)



Finally I had Soph put gloves and a coat on (wow, I should really get mother of the year for that!) because it was getting deeper and deeper in our back yard


Our tiny little snowman

After all this Sophia had yet to take a nap, so I made her come inside for her nap(I know, I'm a horrible person).  But when she woke up Matt and I took her out for some more play.  Matt even built her a regular size snowman.



 
Traipsing around in the snow (thank goodness for hand me downs or we wouldn't have any snow gear!)


Peek!


Helping Daddy


Frosty


Our house

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Love the pics! How do you get your pictures so big?

Amber said...

Great pictures Shannon! I love the first ones in the flurries and of your house. What a bummer that J and I missed out on it. Hopefully we have more in the months to come!

Kelly T said...

Your house always looks so beautiful at night when it snows! I remember your pics from last year(and the BIG storm!). We don't have any street lights, so it's BLACK here. Love how it took awhile before Sophia had on 'snow clothes', funny!