Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Zoo...

This morning Sophia and I took advantage of the weather and headed up to the zoo.  I'm guessing this will be one of the last times of the season, not counting Zoo lights.  It was a bit chilly, but that made for a quiet morning there so we got to see a lot of the animals up close and personal right at the windows!


This is a smile she has been giving me lately.  Pretty funny!


 I thought this was so sweet.  This orangutan kept peering up at Soph looking down at her.  Sophia kept saying,"Hi sweet girl."


 She loved the baby lion statue


 I've decide the Cheetahs are my new favorite at the zoo.  The are so cool and always come right up to the window!  Aren't the Fall colors so beautiful?
 
 One of the cheetahs jumped right up on the hood of the jeep.  The other half of the jeep is on the other side of some glass and kids can climb all around in it.  Boy did the kids get a surprise when she hopped up there!


Sitting by a penguin

3 comments:

Amber said...

Cute, cute pictures Shannon!! And I just love the way the larger photos turn out on blogs. Do you do much editing in PhotoShop because they seem very crisp? Editing takes so much longer but it's usually worth it :)

Kelly T said...

oh man...fantastic photos Shannon! Yeah...love the larger size, how did you switch that?

Jaylin said...

Great shots Shannon. It looks like you girls had so much fun!
P.S. The word I have to type for the word varification to post is "colon"...that's nice.