So our Halloween had a little more drama then I would have liked. Yesterday afternoon Sophia was playing around in between the couch and coffee table and somehow she twisted her arm funny. It was so minor that I didn't even know what she was crying for, but she kept saying her arm hurt. She wouldn't move it much and continued to cry for awhile. Typically Soph is a pretty tough little cookie, if she gets hurt she either doesn't cry at all, or not very long. Well, the crying and holding her arm continued up to the point we were getting ready to leave to trick or treat my parents neighborhood. I thought trick or treating and seeing her friend Baylie would snap her out of this funk, so we left even though she kept saying she wanted to stay home. When we got there she wouldn't walk let alone trick or treat and continued to cry and complain about her arm. At this point I had no idea what to do. There was no swelling anywhere, but when we'd ask her where she hurt she would point to a spot right above her wrist. We decided to wait it out until morning and if she was still complaining we would hit up urgent care. After seeing a few friends in my parents neighborhood we came back to our house for dinner and more trick or treating. Soph agreed to come out with Kim, myself, and Baylie to trick or treat, but was still complaining. She was such a trooper going up to each house with Baylie, they both were great at saying "Trick or Treat" and "thank you." Every once in a while she would forget she had a hurt arm, try and use it, then melt down from the pain. We put her to bed that night hoping everything would be fine in the morning, but she woke up in the middle of the night crying and still complaining about her arm (about this time I was really feeling like I deserved a Parent of the Year award! Why didn't we take her in earlier!!!) So I held her and tried to make her comfortable for about an hour and a half. We finally both fell asleep in the rocker in her room, then Matt came in to see if we needed help and startled us awake. I have no idea what happened, but from then on she was totally fine. I kind of thought the Tylenol was finally working and we would get another unhappy awakening in the next few hours, but we didn't. She slept until 8:30 and woke up happy as a clam. I'm going to say God answered my billion prayers for her little arm and healed it!
Sophia, Mommy, Grandma Nomie, Bennett, and Amanda
Running into the neighbors Zander and Tea'
Trick or Treat!
This is kind of how the whole night went. Baylie was so excited and I think Soph had just bumped her owie arm.
Comparing the candy they each chose
Ending the night snuggling in our bed watching Tinkerbell
1 comment:
I'm so glad her arm is fine! I love the picture of her screaming and Baylie all excited!
Post a Comment