Our friends, Jeff and Kristen, have been going through the process of adopting two sweet children from Ethiopia for a little over a year now. Well today they brought their babies home! (To read about their journey in Ethiopia this last week click here.) About 3o of us met at the airport to welcome the new family home. We have all gone through so many emotions today it's hard to describe the feelings we had when we finally saw them walking down the long hallway towards us. Jeff was holding Tigist (there 3 1/2 year old little girl) in his arms and had the biggest smile on his face, and Kristen followed behind snuggling Mihiretu (there 1 year old little boy) to her chest in a baby bjorn. Like I said, really no words can describe the happiness that was felt while we were all there, so her are a bunch of pictures of the welcome party. I think Hannah will be posting some video from the day on her blog sometime so keep checking back...
Both families waiting, I can't even imagine the excitement they were feeling!
Our first glimpse of them
Tigist, Jeff, Kristen, and Mihiretu
Tigist and Sydney-new best friends!
How sweet is her little face?!
Already a momma's boy
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
SO SO Cute! I can't even tell you how excited I am to meet them!
Shannon! I read your friends blog and I just wanted you to know that I think your group is SO great! You are lucky to have such good friends...what a GREAT story, truly amazing!!!
2 comments:
SO SO Cute! I can't even tell you how excited I am to meet them!
Shannon! I read your friends blog and I just wanted you to know that I think your group is SO great! You are lucky to have such good friends...what a GREAT story, truly amazing!!!
Lisa
Post a Comment