Thursday, July 29, 2010

Twilight Race...

I think we have a little track star on our hands. Tonight we took the kids to Westview High School to participate in the Twilight Track Meet that THPRD puts on.  Sophia had a blast!  I'm so sad we missed all the other meets this month, but next Summer we will for sure try and get to all of them.
First up was the standing long jump
Sophia's nice display of band aids were only a precaution "in case she got scratched."

Three silly girls

The 50 meter dash
(click on the image to make it bigger)

The third event was the softball throw.  I think we need to work with Soph on stepping as she throws :)

Last up was the 100m dash.  Sophia smiled the whole race, she was having a blast!

Showing off her third place ribbon

Daddy was able to see most of the meet before heading off to his softball game

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I LOVE the new posts! GREAT job Sophia!!

Amber said...

oh so fun! Love the ribbon. We used to compete in a similar meet as kids. Great memories :) I love learning from you and Lisa about all the events in Portland too.