Yesterday we spent the holiday celebrating at an all day BBQ with friends. It was super relaxing, yet we seemed to be "going" all day long. Matt made fabulous smoked meat, baked beans, and mac and cheese to take and put with other salads, breads, and of course a flag cake. The kids spent the day running around, exploring, throwing Pop Its, and "playing" bocce with the adults. They are still young enough that firework anticipation isn't quite there (but we did have to deal with Mark trying to set things off all day), but once sparklers came out they were pretty excited. Sophia was much more cautious and not quiet as excited as last year about the fireworks. Once it got dark she didn't want anything to do with the sparklers, and while the daddies were putting on a show for us with the fireworks she kept asking to go inside (granted it was 10:30). She stuck it out until the end, and even though she won't admit it, I think she still enjoyed watching.
Buddies
Mark always had to have some kind of child in his arms. Many times through out the day I would see him walk by a kid and swoop them up into is arms and walk away with them. It was pretty cute.
Amy's yummy flag cake
Daddy and Soph
We spent much of our time just playing in the front yard
She is just so sweet
Family picture (please notice that I'm wearing a FLEECE on the 4th of July. Ridiculous.)
Reaction to hearing a loud boom off in the distance
Getting sparklers lit
I think these two had the best seat in the house for watching the fireworks.
3 comments:
Nice work Shannon! Love your cake picture :) And of course Sophia hearing the boom! Wish I would've noticed that Sophia wasn't smiling in your family shot... although it's still cute :)
LOVE the close up pic of Sophia, she is gorgeous.
Your pictures are really looking good! I wish I could have enjoyed some of that cake, yum! Sophia is getting so big!
Post a Comment