Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Where are they?!

This last weekend some of my college roommates and I headed up to Yakima to surprise our other roommate, Hannah, for her 30th birthday.  Boy was she surprised!  This trip was all adults, with baby Claire. We went straight to Hannah's in-laws house and waited for her while she was at a movie.  Brent, her husband, texted us when they were done with their movie and on their way, so we got all ready for the surprise.  Hannah had yet to meet Claire, so we stuck the baby in her car seat and put some Tillamook chocolate peanut butter ice cream (the best) and two bottles of wine (all an inside joke) all around her and set her right where Hannah would see her when she opened the door (the rest of us hid in a back room)...

When Hannah walked into the house, she saw Claire and in so many words said, "This is not what I asked for.  That looks like Claire."  Her mother in law said, "It is Claire."  Then Hannah reacted the way we all wanted her to.  "WHERE ARE THEY?!" she exclaimed, then heard us erupt in giggles and ran to the back room.  It might have been the best surprise I have ever been a part of!  The rest of the night included pizza, lots of talking and laughing, and we even went out on the town (really exciting for a bunch of mommies).  Here are some more pictures from the rest of our stay...
This is what Claire's hair looked like the whole trip.  Awesome.

Hannah and Emmett opening her presents

Such a cute little thing!

Yes, we stood around the island eating the ice cream right out of the carton

Claire and Hannah chatting away

Emmett being silly and hiding behind his Momma

 Emmett and Brent entertaining Claire

The crew...
Tori, Hannah, Mandy, Claire, Marisa, Hannah, Emmett, and Shannon

3 comments:

Bethany Fegles Photography said...

What a fun post! And p.s. I love the photo hanging on the wall IN the last photo. :)

Hannah said...

I had SO much fun! Thanks again for such a fun surprise!!

Kelly T said...

LOVE the way you all surprised her! And baby Claire's hair IS awesome. In addition to the hair photo, I also LOVE the photo of Claire and Hannah chatting-adorable.