Thursday, February 18, 2010

Vancouver 2010...

Well, Matt and I got the coolest opportunity ever this week.  We went to the Olympics!  Saturday night we found out some friends had extra tickets, and we left Tuesday.  Thanks to our awesome family and friends who were able to take Soph on such short notice!

Wednesday we had tickets to the mens snowboarding halfpipe.  We spent the day on Cypress mountain and got to see the qualifications, semifinals and finals.  Can I just say INCREDIBLE! 

Mark, Liddy, Matt, and I all ready to show our US support (Matt and I raided the Nike Employee store before we left which is why we are all dressed the same)

 
Our tickets to the mens halfpipe snowboarding event

Cypress Mountain Venue (could we have gotten any better weather?!)

In front of the halfpipe

Mark getting interviewed by NBC

Shaun White!

This is what the rest of the mountain looked like.  Someone said January and February of this year has had the least amount of snow since the late 1800's.  What a year to get no snow, bummer for them!

Liddy and I all bundled up

Olympic rings glowing at night

Mark and Matt with two of the US women's snowboarding team.  Elena and Gretchen.

Gold and Bronze!

On Thursday we got tickets to the men's US vs. Norway hockey game.  I'm not much of a hockey fan, but being at the Olympics who wouldn't be? :)


Mark and Liddy

Matt and I

US wins 6-1!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

AMAZING!!!!!

Amber said...

SO COOL!!! Love the picture of the half pipe and of Matt with the snowboarders. How awesome is that!! Can't wait to hear more about it :)

jeanne4833 said...

Don't know that I could consider a vacaction perfect without palm trees and sand, but this might just be it. How totally amazing for you guys!

Marisa said...

I'm sorry, why was Mark on NBC?! Did it air? Are you in the background with your pinky finger saying hi to us?... =)

Kelly T said...

Amazing. That is SO awesome you were there and saw Shawn White. It was so amazing on TV. So cool that the US won both events that you saw!

Amy said...

I am so insanely jealous that you were able to be there. Very very cool.

Nicole said...

Awesome..what an amazing opportunity!