Thursday, October 8, 2009

Peterson's Farm..

This morning we went to our first of, I'm sure, many pumpkin patches/farms. This is a small little farm out in Hillsboro that Kim and I had been to when we worked as teachers at Nike. I think all of us mommies were a little disappointed when we first got there. The farm was a lot smaller than I remembered, there were no apples (when we went with our school a couple of years ago there were apples everywhere), and the pumpkins were just a small little patch off to the side of the store. But our trip actually turned out awesome! We all paid $5 and the farmer, Norm, took us on a tractor ride up to their green house garden and talked to the kids about all the veggies and fruit they grow. He even let them eat some of his veggies right off the vine. Then we got to pick out a pumpkin before we left. I felt like we were on school field trip. It was great!


Riding on the tractor... Caleb, Grace, Tigist, Sophia, Mihiretu, and Baylie


Mihiretu was so funny. He was holding on to Sophia and Baylie's legs for dear life.


How cute was Caleb's outfit today?!


Following Farmer Norm


Listening


Losing Sophia in the field of corn


Sophia and Mihiretu picking out pumpkins

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Oh my gosh that looks like fun! I can't believe how big Caleb is.

Lisa said...

Cuteness! Pumpkin pictures are the best!! October is my new favorite!!

Kelly T said...

these photos are fabulous Shannon. LOVE this time of year for photos!

Amber said...

I love the variety of these pictures!