Thursday, October 8, 2009

2 1/2...


Doing 2 of her favorite things...dressing up and coloring

Today Sophia turns 2 1/2. Really? Seriously? Time has gone by so fast, she is practically 2 going on 14 (seriously, she is). At 2 1/2 she can...

(and please realize I don't expect you all to read all of this, but I'm writing it down to keep in her baby book)

*talk in full sentences and can carry on a full conversation. She pronounces pretty much all words correctly and very rarely is there something she says that we can't understand.
*has a very sweet heart. She feels for her friends and gets really upset if they get in trouble, even if it is for something they did to her.
*definitely still has her 2 year old moments of sass, attitude, and stubbornness. Lots of stubbornness lately!
*still loves her babies. Pretty much all play at our house consists of baby play. The babies she plays with right now are Heavy D, Baby Bigs, Holly, Water Baby, and Sqeakers (Heavy D and Squeakers are both babies from when Lacey and Hannah were kids. Old babies!)
*loves real babies. She gets so excited to hold them, and when she does she will talk quietly to them and tell them things like "I love you" "It's okay" "Hi big boy!"
*loves to dance and sing. Right now she is going through a faze where she sings what she is doing. This can go on for a half an hour sometimes, pretty cute and sometimes hysterically funny!
*loves to watch Dancing with the stars. She focuses on the "beautiful dresses" and stands in front of the TV trying to do the moves they are doing. And she always has to put a dress on to watch it.
*plays dress up every day, and it has to be frilly, princessy, fairy costumes. We have been lucky to find a bunch of dresses really cheap at various stores. She really believes that you can't dance unless you have a dress on. She gets really frantic sometimes if she feels she needs a dress on. She has also informed me before that I can't dance with her because I don't have a dress on.
*loves to color, glue, paint, pretty much anything that has to do with art
*is in the beginning stages of writing. She draws little lines and circles and has great small motor control.
*colors in the lines when she is coloring
*can spell her name, but has no letter recognition. I really try "working" with her on this, but she usually just gets silly and starts spouting out random stuff (Oh, well. She is only 2)
*loves her friends. Talks about Baylie and Grace all the time and how she loves them and wants to give them big kisses.
*is starting to understand what to do when she gets hurt by a friend or doesn't get her way. We talk a lot about telling whoever is hurting her that she doesn't like it then walking away from the situation. She has done this a couple of times all by herself and it just makes my heart soar (she is actually listening to our talks!)
*is still a great eater. She has no problems eating what Matt and I have for dinner. We have never made special meals for her, if she refuses to eat what we give her that's fine, she just doesn't get anything else. Usually she will come back to her dinner and eat it a little while later.
*still doing great at being potty trained. She wears at diaper only at night, which I'm not concerned about at all. I know that will come with age. Even with a diaper on there are many nights she wakes up to go potty on the big potty.
*has yet to get out of her bed when she's not supposed to. I'm so thankful for this for many reasons, but the biggest is that I have a fear of waking up in the middle of the night and having someone staring at me.
*lately has been getting sad when I drop her off at the gym kids club or church. This is something that has come and gone her whole life. She still brings her blankie with her as a piece of comfort, but we are in the process of trying to break her of that.
*still listens intently to adult conversations and picks up so much from them! Kim and I heard her telling Baylie the other day, "B's I'm just having a rough time right now."
*Is taking a dance class. Loved it the first day, now it takes awhile for her to warm up to it. I was talking to her the other day about why she was sad at dance and she looked at me, put her hand to her ear and said, "I'm not listening right now." Well, okay! (Do you see why I say she is 2 going on 14)

We love our Soph so much and are so thankful for her. She really is the biggest joy in our lives!


Naked with her babies in a baby bjorn (does she think that's how I carried her?!)


Yes, we did make a wedding dress out of toilet paper for her

3 comments:

Hannah said...

We love our friend Sophia! I am having so much fun seeing our babies turn into toddlers. Although now they are more like little kids everyday!

Kelly T said...

Well, I read EVERY one:) It's so fun to watch them grow. love the wedding dress!

Amber said...

Of course I read it all! Happy 2 1/2 Birthday to Sophia!