Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A big week...

This week has been a pretty big week in the world of Sophia. We changed her crib into a big girl bed and she is now potty trained! She has been such a champ at both. The transition into her big girl bed has been a breeze, she has only gotten out once and that was the first time she was put in it. I haven't even had to threaten spankings yet! In the mornings she calls my name when she wakes up and waits for me to come get her!

As for potty training she has pretty much done it herself. For a couple of weeks she has been telling us when she has to poop so we can take her to the potty. So far (knock on wood) we haven't had one poop accident! Then when Matt and I were out of town my mom had her start wearing panties every once in a while. I think she may have had a few accidents with them, but not too many. And for the past week she has been in panties all the time except when she sleeps. So far she has only had a few accidents and the last one was on Sunday. I blame that one on the fact that we were at a shower for my sister and there was too much going on for any of us to remember to take her potty. :) It's crazy how fast she is becoming a big girl. We are so proud of her!


Big girl panties


Waking up in her big girl bed


"I'm awake!"

4 comments:

Lisa said...

way to go Soph!! such a big girl ;-)

Laura said...

That's great! Madeline did really well on her transition to the big girl bed too. She never gets out and just calls for me in the morning and after naps. We are working on the potty thing now. I think she'd take her sweet time, but I'm pushing her a little. She went pee on the potty for the first time in months just today while I read her Once Upon a Potty... I hope she keeps it up!

Unknown said...

oh wow...yeah, this is BIG girl stuff! I think it's so much easier when the parents wait until the kiddos are the ones who are motivated-it just happens(can be hard to wait though)...YAY Sophia! Lacy doesn't get out of her bed-which I think is crazy and great:)I still use a monitor just so I can come when she calls as opposed to her coming to me..she just waits:)

you're right-big week for your big girl!

And..how cute are those little bottoms in panties!!!! It can be hard to find pants that fit after the diaper room is gone in 2-3yrs!

Unknown said...

haha...that last one was from Kelly T! :) I am at my parents' house and forgot my mom signed up.