Well, we made it to the Cayman Islands! Our flights went really well, Sophia slept the whole time on both planes and she slept most of the time on our layover in Atlanta. We were so proud of her! When we arrived on the island, it was pouring down rain, and we had to sit on the plane for awhile because there was lightning and it wasn't safe for us to walk down the metal stairs to the tarmac. Finally the lightning passed and we were on our way. We are staying with our friends, John and Amy, so John was there to pick us up. Because it was raining, we just spent the afternoon napping (Sophia was really the only one of us that got any sleep during our travel time) and waiting for John and Amy to get off work. When they got home, we had dinner at this fun little restaurant that opens up to the ocean and just hung out at their condo. Friday it was rainy again with just a few sun brakes. During those few sun brakes we hung out at one of three pools at the condo and had another pretty lazy day. But hey isn't that what vacations are all about? Today the weather was a lot nicer. The five of us headed out to Boatswain Beach and Turtle Farm. We saw lots of turtle ranging from teeny tiny to HUGE. We also swam in the big "lagoon" pool and saw some big lizards and colorful birds. The birds would land on our hands and arms. One even landed on Sophia's head, but she was asleep so she didn't even notice (and it happened so fast that I didn't get a picture). After spending some time at the turtle farm we headed to the beach. It was nice a breezy so it didn't get to hot. There are lots of waves in the ocean right now which is really unusual. The waves were really turning up the sand so we couldn't see to the bottom of the ocean, I guess normally you can. I'm sure we will have lots of opportunities to see it in the days to come. Sophia was kind of scared of the ocean, I think the loud waves frightened her, because she wasn't touching the water, but was holding onto me for dear life. Most of the time she was sleeping though. It is so hot and muggy here that she does a lot more napping.
That's about all we have done, I will try to keep updating as the week goes on, I'm sure it will help me when I try and scrapbook our trip to have something to go back and look at that says what we did each day. I'll also try and get some pictures up too. We hope everyone is doing great at home, we already miss you all!
3 comments:
I'm so glad you're updating us! Sounds like you are having a fabulous time. Emmett is excited to see Sophia and hopefully her tan lines! :) Please post pics soon.
Glad you're having fun. We're looking forward to seeing all the pics!
"You miss US?" she says scoffing. Just have a great time. Let us do the missing. Love you.
Post a Comment