Friday, April 8, 2011

Our 4 year old...

Stats at 4
Weight: 31.5 pounds
Height: 40 inches

*This girl is quite the character!  She has definitely got humor down, and tries it out all the time. We laugh a lot because of her!
*3 was a rough year for this mama and girl, we had some tough battles, but I think we're heading out of that stage.  Tantrums are fading out, thankfully. 
*Soph has a super sweet, considerate, funny, happy, personality. 
*When she is unhappy, watch out world (pretty sure that comes from her moody mom). 
*She definitely has an opinion, she is strong willed, and likes to be in control.  Someday these characteristics will take her far and make her a great leader, right now they become a bit of a problem when those strong opinions don't line up with Mommy and Daddy's. *Sometimes I forget that she is only 4 years old, she acts so much older, is incredible smart, speaks so clearly and has amazing vocabulary.
*She started preschool this year.  I think she really likes it, though sometimes she's sad when I drop her off.  But she is always happy, and has had a great time when I pick her up.  
*She has incredible small motor control which leads to lots of art and writing.
*She talks a lot about letters and sounds, and is starting to understand how putting them together can make words.  She has started reading BOB books, but her attention span with them is pretty short. 
*She still loves her babies, and calls them her kids, but Barbies and princesses have taken a front seat to them.  Her Barbies are always getting married and having families. 
*She also shares a love for cooking with Matt.  This is something special they do together, and I love watching them.
 *She loves to dance.  Dance class is still a hit every week, especially since she takes it with her buddy Lexie and loves Miss Kim.
*She loves to sing, you can always catch her singing along in the car, to the TV, and just on her own.
*She has quite the clothes obsession.  We fight 6 days out of 7 about what she's going to wear.  She loves dresses, skirts, her skinny jeans, and boots.
*Friends are still very important to her.  Grace and Baylie are still her besties, but she has lots of great little friends that she loves playing with.
*She loves to play dress up, she changes her clothes about 6 times a day putting various dress up outfits on.
*Likes to play hide and seek.  When she's the seeker, after counting she yells, "here or not, here I come!"
*Likes to watch, "our favorite team, the Blazers"
*The movie Tangled is the main thing in her life right now.  We listen to a story tape of it every night, play with the dolls every day, now that we own the movie we watch it every day, she pretty much knows the words to the whole movie and all of the songs, and she talks about it constantly!
*She still wakes up 1 or 2 times a night, usually just to come in, kiss Matt and I, and tell us she loves us.
*She's been wearing a pull up at night, but for a while I have been suspecting that she's peeing in it out of lazyness, so we told her when she turned 4 she didn't get to wear pull ups at night anymore.  She was totally fine with it and has been dry every night since we took them away. (stinker!)
*She is still a great eater.  I think she loves it when I call her my little meat eater (she LOVES meat!)

I can't believe how big and grown up she is, I ask her all the time to stop growing, and she just laughs and says, "But I can't mom!"  She really brings so much joy to our family, I love her so much and am I'm so thankful for her!

1 comment:

Kelly T said...

I LOVE your birthday/milestone posts. I always space it when I attempt to write a summary...and partly, I can't stop writing either and ramble WAY too long.

Really enjoyed this and just thought...wow...how blessed are we?