Monday, April 11, 2011

An art filled party...

A few months before her birthday, Sophia asked if she could have her birthday party, "not at home" this year.  Sounded great to me, so we started brainstorming fun places to celebrate.  One of her favorite things to do is art, and we LOVE going to My Masterpiece Art Studio, so I looked up whether they did parties and set a date.  It actually worked out really well, because she is so into the movie Tangled this year and Rapunzel was a painter, it was really easy to incorporate the two together.  She picked six of her closest friends and we had a blast painting, drawing with pencils, chalk, and oil pastels, and working with clay.  I was a little worried that 3 and 4 would be a little young for this kind of party, but all the girls did great moving from one station to the next.  I cannot give enough praise to this place, they are always so awesome!

Snapshots from the day 
(click on the image to make it bigger)

The seven little artists
Sophia, Sydney, Baylie, Julia, Lexie, Hailey, and Grace

2 comments:

Lisa said...

super fun party, super cute little girls! Hope Soph had a GREAT Birthday week. xo

Kelly T said...

KEEP meaning to take Lacy there. I wish we could do her bday party there...but I don't think her good friends would be able to travel in for that. Bummer.

Love the photos from the party...and one of her kissing Matt is ADORABLE.