This week was Sophia's first week of Preschool, can you believe it?! Tuesday was an open house type of day where parents stayed the whole time and helped the kids get acclimated to the classroom. Today was the official first day, and Soph did great. I was a little worried about dropping her off, she is so shy at first and sometimes gets sad, but she was fine this morning. I helped her find her coat hook and her cubby, then I said a quick goodbye. I stayed a little bit and watched what she did through the window and she went straight to the dress up area. Big surprise. At pick up she was being a little stinker and wouldn't give me any info about her day, but I took her to lunch and weaseled some stuff out of her. :) Here are the things she told me about today...
*They got to play in the gym. She said they pretended to drive cars and rode bikes.
*They had circle time and sang songs. Some of the kids had a hard time staying on the rug, but she didn't.
*They watched the Teacher feed the class frog crickets.
Hopefully I'll get more out of her, or at least find out what she does next week.
Here's a peak at open house day
First real day. She picked out her own outfit today.
4 comments:
SOOOO glad Soph had such a great day!! Let's do after school lunch next week?! And.. could you please remember to bring her backpack next time ;-) SO glad to have you as part of the cool kids club!
xoxo
YAY! So glad it was a success:) Lacy's first day did not seem "real" as I went to another mom's house and we all chatted while the kids were at preschool, then, the next time, I came home with Ashley...then I got all teary! BUT...the time is great! One less kiddo and alone time with Ashley.
Hope you enjoy your time as much as Sophia loves her school:)
oh and btw...did you see my FB post of what happens when Lacy picks her outfit??? Sophia obviously has an eye for fashion! :)
How exciting for Soph!! I love that other kids had a tough time staying on the rug, but she didn't ;) She's going to do great at school! Love you pictures too and so wish I had these of Jacoby at school. Oh, also wondering if you built your collage from scratch or if it's a template??
Post a Comment