Wednesday, April 21, 2010

30...

This post has taken me three days to put together.  So many surprises and crazy events to remember, and I'm not a writer at all, so it took awhile to get my thoughts/memories written down in a way that others would be able to see what a great day I had. I really can't imagine a more perfect 30th birthday.  So here's how it went...

Matt and I had spent the previous night celebrating our friend, John's, 30th birthday, so Sophia had spent the night at my parents.  After a lazy morning, Matt and I went and picked Sophia up from their house.  This greeted us in the driveway...

I knew Hannah Brownlee was picking me up around 1:45 that day, but didn't know what we were doing so I was anxiously waiting for her to arrive when Hannah N. called (from Yakima, Wa.) to wish me a happy birthday.  While talking to her Hannah B. showed up and knocked on the door, so I told Hannah N. I should go.  Still talking to Hannah N, I opened the door(expecting Hannah B.) and my sweet Yakima friend was standing on my doorstep, surprising me!  So the three of us headed out to grab something to eat.  At lunch Kim called to say Jared was home from his class and she was able to come along (Friday Kim had told me she wouldn't be able to join us because Jared had class all day), so we headed out to the Thompson's to pick her up.  I ran up to the door to get her and when I opened it guess who was standing there? Holly (from Ohio)!  Surprise, Jared didn't have class, Kim just had to go get Holly at the airport!
Two blurry pictures of 1. My surprised face, and 2. Me jumping into Holly's arms

With a full car, the five of us headed to our next destination... the spa!  Mani/pedi's here we come...
The whole time we were getting pampered the girls had me believing we were heading downtown, for the night, to party like rockstars (well, maybe more like rock mamas).  Matt text me and said depending on what we were doing we could meet him and Jared (and the kids) at Old Market Pub for dinner, before we headed downtown.  I love my sweet little Sophia, but when, in my mind, it was a kid free day, I wasn't too keen on meeting the boys and kids for dinner. :)  But the girls talked me into it, so we headed to Old Market.  As we pulled into the parking lot I saw some friends walking in and  kept seeing familiar cars.  Then it hit me. My amazing husband and my amazing friends had thrown me a party! The rest is history (and a lot of fun times!) Of course there are a billion pictures from the night, so here are three collages of some of them.  (Click on each image to make them bigger)...
Thank you to all my friends and family who were able to come celebrate with us.  This birthday was more than I could ever ask for!!!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Happy birthday... again!

Amber said...

Awesome Shannon!! It really does sound like a perfect day!

The Whites said...

Happy Birthday Shannon!! Looked like you had a fabulous time. =)