First off, I am not a runner. I don't claim to be, I only run on treadmills, and I don't even like running. I do it to lose weight (not working very well, hmmm). I have never done an organized run, let alone run more than a mile at a time before 3 weeks ago. But today I ran the 5k Shamrock Run, and did it without walking! Running something like this has always been something I wanted to do, maybe you could say it was on my bucket list. And I did it (and on only 4 hours of sleep)!
Lacey and I at the finish line
(she was supposed to run with a friend, who never made it, and I was supposed to run with a friend, but never found her. So Lacey and I found each other and ran our first "race" together!)
4 comments:
I am impressed!
Way to go! I am so excited for the next one... maybe an 8k? They are addicting. This won't be your last.
What a great memory to do with your sister! Nice work!!
Awesome Shannon, it was good to run into you for a quick second!
Post a Comment