Sunday, May 31, 2009

Starlight Parade...

Last night we took Sophia downtown to watch the Starlight Parade. Through the wonders of Facebook we found out the Tyacke's were going to be down there too, and they had gotten a (free!) hotel room for the night at The Nines. So we set to meet up with them. We rode MAX down and hung out in the Tyacke's room until we were ready to find a spot for the parade. Trevor's cousin was nice enough to save us a great spot right on the street so we didn't have to search around, and we didn't have to get there super early. The kids had a great time playing in the street before the parade and making friends with the police officers who were hanging out, keeping the crowds under control. Sophia, Caden, and Hailey even got a "trading" card of the officer we made friends with and had him autograph it. Pretty funny! I think the highlight of the parade, for Sophia, was the horses, that's what she keeps telling people about today.


Riding on MAX


Hanging out in the Tyacke's hotel room


Daddies and little girls walking to our spot


Sophia, Hailey, and Caden waiting for the parade to start


Sophia's fake smile


Daddy and Sophia checking out the police


Getting an autograph


Playing with the CAUTION tape the police gave to them


Watching the Clydesdale horses go by

3 comments:

Amber said...

Fun for those kids! I wish we could've been in town to join you. Maybe next year :)

Kelly T said...

very cute photos! I am SO sad we had to miss it. I just love the atmosphere of the parade at night! And what a great night it was for a parade.

Life Is Good said...

I love the shot of the dads walking with the girls on their shoulders. . . and did I mention that those pictures make me miss Portland. . .