Sunday, February 15, 2009

Our Valentine's Day...

We started out yesterday morning by Matt bringing a yummy 6 cheese Noah's bagel and a Peet's latte to me in bed! Sophia took over the bagel pretty quickly and filled our bed with lots of crumbs. I tried to eat fast so I could at least taste my breakfast in bed, but she got most of it. Then we all sat in bed and opened our valentines. Sophia got a book and some more duplo legos to add to her collection. The rest of the morning was spent being lazy, hanging out together, and building lego creations. After nap we took Soph over to my parents house then Matt and I headed over to Jared and Kim's to start our Valentine date! The four of us signed up to do a beer and chocolate tasting at the Rogue Brewery downtown, and despite the fact that I like very few beers we had a great time! There were 10 courses of different beers paired with different types of chocolates. Some of the chocolates were a habanero fudge (which was incredible!), a chocolate chip cookie, a mousse, and a cheesecake. After our tastings we met up with some of the Thompson's friends at Rock Creek Tavern to enjoy a Grateful Dead cover band. Talk about some great entertainment, and I'm not talking about the band, I'm talking about the other people there to enjoy the band! I was really sad that I had not worn my tie dyed long flowing skirt. :) Matt and I don't normally head out on Valentines night (we'd rather not fight the crowds or prices) but I'm glad we did this year. We had a great night!


Painting daddy's valentine the day before


Opening Valentines in bed


My Valentine


The habanero fudge course...Yummy!


The Riders and Thompsons

1 comment:

Isaac and Jenni Marshall said...

What a fun Valentine's day! I am envious of your tasting experience! No breweries in Dubai... =( haha!