Day 1-12/23
We headed over to Matt's parents house to spend the night and do Christmas with them and Jaylin's family. Sophia's first present she opened was a box of animal crackers and she was happy as a clam. She probably wouldn't have opened another present the whole night had we not forced her to!
Day 2-12/24
We woke up and did stockings (Matt's dad has a deal with Santa and he comes early to their house). Then we had brunch with the Bergs (Matt's Aunt and kids). After eating way to much we headed over to my parents house to get ready for Christmas Eve candle light service at our church (Beaverton Foursquare). Candle light service is always my favorite of the year! Church ended then we headed over to some neighbors for an annual crab feed! I am not a fan of seafood, but I will partake in some crab once a year (usually soaked in butter).
This is what happens when my mom doesn't wrap presents and puts them under the tree before Christmas morning...They get played with.

Candle light Service at Church ( I borrowed this picture from the church's blog because I love it, and it shows just what it looks like! Thank you!)

Candle light Service at Church ( I borrowed this picture from the church's blog because I love it, and it shows just what it looks like! Thank you!)
Getting ready to eat

Our bibs

Standing in front of the Guthrie's tree
All the "kids" at the crab feed (minus Matt, somehow he missed the memo that a group photo was being taken)
Day 3 12/25
The real Christmas Day! We woke up at my parents house and did stockings in bed, then downstairs for presents. Then we head over to the Stagg's (across the street) and eat our annual (VERY YUMMY) Christmas morning breakfast and play some games. My mom and dad hosted Christmas this year for the extended family. We had fun eating more yummy food(thanks to Matt), watching basketball, and playing some Wii bowling.

Loves her new baby bed.
Opening presents!

Sophie and Mommy
Flying with Nate after breakfast
Helping EE play Yahtzee

Watching it snow on Christmas morning (just like they did last year!)

The Boland cousins (some of them)
Day 4 12/26We actually got to wake up in our own beds this morning! We love hopping from one house to the next for Christmas. but it's always nice to come home to your own bed! This day was spent being a little lazy, opening our stockings and playing a a lot of Mario Kart Wii. After Sophia's nap we headed back to Matt's parent's house for Christmas dinner, of Clam Chowder, with the Millers.
Standing with Mickey in front of our stockings
Singing Frosty the Snowman
Watching the boys play Rock Band (this was right before we broke the PS2. Bummer!)
Day 5 12/26
Our last day of Christmas was spent up in Longview with the Rider clan. More yummy food, lots of card playing, and kids running everywhere!





3 comments:
Sounds like fun Shannon & great traditions for Sophia! My favorite pictures are of her in front of the stockings and in her ugg boots. :)
wow! LOTS of fun was had and tons of great photos to prove it. Did you get the lens???:)
Wow, did you gain 50pounds? I know I feel like I did, but man-so much fun for you guys-and could Sophia have a better smile-I mean really-I dont think she could get any cuter-I love it. I was so sad that our church service was cancelled due to the weather. But this Sunday we still did the Christmas program-better late than never. And I love the kitchen:)
Post a Comment