Thursday, January 20, 2011

Little chef...

Sophia loves to help out in the kitchen.  Anytime we are making anything, she wants to help.  Matt is a lot better at giving her jobs than I am, he lets her do things in the kitchen that I wouldn't dream of.  When she cooks with daddy, Sophia gets to use knives (real knives) and help with the cutting, along with stirring and  measuring.  I hope the love of cooking that she shares with Matt stays with her forever, but for now it is something special that they have together that I love watching...
When she was younger we put her on peeling duty (2 1/2)

Then she graduated to cutting with a pumpkin carving knife (love her concentrating face!)

Now she cuts with our paring or a small utility knife.  Daddy even taught her how to curl her fingers under so they don't get cut

A few weeks ago they made homemade pasta together

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I love this, such a great bond between the two of them!

Isaac and Jenni Marshall said...

TOO CUTE FOR WORDS!!!

Living the Life.... said...

I love that she is wearing her tiara!