Friday, November 16, 2007

Painting!

My friend Kim did something fun with her daughter, Baylie (1 month older than Sophia), a couple of months ago that I thought I would try. She let Baylie paint a picture. So I gave it a try today. I sat Sophia in her Bumbo chair with the tray attached, put the five paints, I had, in front of her and let her "choose" (basically the first two she grabbed at) the colors she wanted then let her go at it. Like usual she just wanted to eat the paper. But we did get a picture painted, and I even got her hand print on one sheet (which is pretty close to impossible-babies don't like to lay their hands flat out for very long).

Painting is so fun Mom!


The finished product!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

If that isn't a work of art, I don't know what is... too fun. I can't wait to try with Gracie. I love that Sophie had to be totally nakie to paint.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking it was smart to take her clothes off! That is a fun idea. Definitely frame-worthy!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking it was smart to take her clothes off! That is a fun idea. Definitely frame-worthy!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking that she looks so INTENT. She is going to love doing crafts with Mommy.